Friday, March 30, 2012

COMIC RELIEF

In our family it is endemic to be a voracious reader and that is what keeps me sane. A perfect antidote to cable television.

If you are one that doesn't think the Brits have a sense of humor, then let me recommend that you read Howard Jacobson's "Whatever it is, I don't Like It"--- which is a compilation of columns from his works originally published in the INDEPENDENT -- It tickles me pink.

And if you absolutely must follow the broadcast media - this book is terrific for getting you through the commercials. Or if you are a "bathroom" reader, you know what I mean. LOL. -- the columns are short and beautifully written, I am passionate about his use of the King's English one could say.

The only problem is this can be devoured too quickly.

graysmoke

No comments:

Post a Comment