Saturday, March 31, 2012

COURT ANTICS

I am especially piqued by Justice Scalia's trivializing of health care with his food/broccoli analogy attempt. It was also evident that all spoke from never having experienced the reality of being without coverage and what that means to a person's life.

I listened to many hours of the arguments and wasn't impressed with the performance of the Solicitor General. It was surprising to me that no part of any argument that I heard referenced the constitution's goal of providing for the general welfare since this is one of the central reasons that our forefathers adopted the Constitution. Instead there was all the nitpicking and hairsplitting over the commerce regulations.

And do we really have a court of nine justices, Thomas was never heard from in any recordings that I heard.

It is going to be challenging to wait until the end of June for the final of this and since the court has become almost as politically polarized as all other government institutions, I fear for the result and that it will not be for the common good.

graysmoke

No comments:

Post a Comment